Student Travel Grant Opportunities
|The IEEE INFOCOM 2011 conference is pleased to announce the availability of the following type of student travel grants:
Following the application guidelines below, a student may ask to be considered for any number of these three categories in which he/she is eligible. The following restrictions apply:
An application for a student travel award will consist of:
1. A letter from the student, including paper title if the paper has been accepted for INFOCOM 2011, or the INFOCOM 2011 Mini-Conference.
2. The student's vita.
3. A supporting letter from the student's graduate advisor.
4. An estimate of the following costs of attending INFOCOM: airfare, hotel, and conference registration. It is anticipated that travel grants will partially cover these overall costs of attending INFOCOM 2011.
5. The type(s) of travel grant the student is applying for (A or B if available).
The letter from the student should include (at most 1 page):
1. A brief summary of research interests and accomplishments to date
The advisor's recommendation letter for the student should include:
1. Confirmation that the student is a bona fide Ph.D. or M.S. candidate in good academic standing at the given institution.
Application deadline: 6 February 2011 at 23:59 ET
1. Should I merge my advisor's recommendation letter with my application together to submit to EDAS?
Yes. Every applicant should submit all application materials as a single PDF file to EDAS, which includes all required items listed in the "Application Procedure" section described here.
2. Should the advisor's recommendation letter be also in PDF?
Yes. It should be an item in the single application file in PDF submitted by the student applicant.
3. If my advisor prefers submitting the recommendation letter separately from my application, what should I do?
Please ask your advisor to contact Dr. Weiyi Zhang (a STG co-chair) via email (Weiyi.Zhang AT ndsu DOT edu) for an alternative way to submit the recommendation letter.
4. Is it OK that the letter of recommendation is separately submitted to EDAS for my application?
Yes, we will review it if your recommender has chosen to upload the recommendation letter to EDAS separately for your application.
If your question is not addressed in the FAQ section, please contact Dr. Weiyi Zhang (Weiyi.Zhang AT ndsu DOT edu).