Practical Wireless Communications Engineering
Instructor: Luis Blanco
IEEE INFOCOM 2011 - Shanghai, China
Through 10 March 2011: $795.00
From 11 March & onsite: $895.00
This one-day course provides an opportunity to learn about and gain a high-level end-to-end understanding of wireless communications engineering technologies. It addresses current technology and practice from a combination of engineering, architectural, operational, standards, and management perspectives. It covers all layers in the network and incorporates discussions of technology evolution. The subject matter is primarily focused in areas of RF Engineering, Wireless Access Technologies & Standards, Network & Service Architecture, and Network Management & Security. In addition, Infrastructure, Agreements, Operational Standards, Policies, Regulations and relevant Engineering Concepts are covered. Earn 0.6 IEEE Continuing Education Units upon completion of this course.
Who Should Attend
Recommended for a broad audience - this course is especially well suited for those with an engineering or technology background, or an appreciation of wireless communications engineering and practice. It is also of significant interest for individuals working in a relatively narrow or specialized aspect of wireless communications, as it aims to provide a comprehensive overview of how different facets of wireless practice fit into the overall design, implementation, and operation of wireless networks. It will help attendees understand current technology and operations and assess prospective future developments in wireless communications. This course can also help candidates seeking certification in wireless communications engineering technology in their preparation for the exam.
- Increase your problem-solving skills by applying the knowledge you gain in class
- Understand the latest advances in wireless
- More strategically assess prospective future developments and their impact
- Radio Transmission Systems, Wireless Links
- Path Loss & Link Budget Analysis
- Radio Engineering & Antennas
- Design Fundamentals, Mobility, Cellular Systems
- Mobile Access Technology Evolution, Standards & Generations
- Local, Personal & Near-Field Communications
- Mobile networks, Circuit Switched Networks and IP Multimedia Network evolution
- Description, Enablers, Architecture, Delivery and Evolution of Mobile services (IMS, etc.)
- Network, Transport and Session protocols layers for VoIP (IP, TCP/UDP, SIP, etc.)
- Routing, QOS and Traffic Engineering technologies
- Fixed Mobile Convergence, trends and alternative Networks.
- Implementing a Network Management Platform
- Key metrics and technologies behind Fault, Configuration and Security Management
- Related protocols (e.g. SNMP, IPSec, MIB, ICMP, etc.)
- Site Development: Space, Power Consumption, anchorage and temperature requirements
- Wireless Base Station equipment: Tower, Antennas and Cabling requirements
- Related Industry standards (e.g. NEBS, etc)
- Compliance with Safety and environment
- Spectrum characteristics and licensing
- Homologation and type approvals
- Theory and implementation of telecom systems
- Coding, modulation and transmission technologies
- Telecom Project and Solution management
Each registered student receives a copy of instructor slides and a copy of the Guide to the Wireless Engineering Body of Knowledge published by John Wiley & Sons.
Luis BlancoPresident, Telecom Services CognosEdge Education Inc.
Luis is president and founder of CognosEdge Education Inc. CognosEdge is a leading provider of training services. CognosEdge's focus is on Wireless and Cable end-to-end courses - on the latest technologies with insights of what's happening in the industry.
Luis has more than 25 years of telecom experience working in Canada, the United States, and Spain. Prior to founding CognosEdge, Luis worked at Ericsson Canada for 12 years. During the last four years at Ericsson, Luis was Director of Business Development, Multimedia Solutions and Systems Integration for both US and Canadian markets. Previous to that, other director positions held at Ericsson include: Product Management, Business Management and; Strategy & Regulations. Before joining Ericsson, Luis worked in several management and engineering positions with Nortel Networks (7 years), Telefonica (5 years) and with the Spanish Navy (2 years).
In addition to managing CognosEdge, Luis develops and delivers wireless and cable courses worldwide.
Luis holds a B.Sc. degree in Electronics and M.Sc. in Telecommunications, both from the Polytechnic University of Madrid.
- General Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org